Sunday, March 11, 2012

"From the center of my life, there came a great fountain..."

Last year I was sitting on the beach when a woman asked me if I was really enjoying "Eat, Pray, Love" because "isn't the author so damn whiney!" - in which my friend replied before I could even get the words out of my mouth: "You might not want to start with her, this is her fifth time reading it." Bible.


"But I felt a glimmer of happiness when I started studying Italian, and when you sense a faint potentiality for happiness after such dark times you must grab onto the ankles of that happiness and not let go until it drags you face-first out of the dirt- this is not selfishness, but obligation. You were given life; it is your duty (and alse your entitlement as a human being) to find something beautiful within life, no matter how slight."


 “To lose balance sometimes for love is part of living a balanced life.” 




No comments:

Post a Comment